Friday, October 2, 2015

Glow All Year Round: Tips, Tricks, and a DIY {ft. ALOHA}~!

Hey Guys~!

We all like having a nice, healthy glow to our skin. I used to have a problem with my skin looking dull, but through a lot of trial and error, I have developed a few tips and tricks to achieve a natural glow. Today, with help from ALOHA, I'll be sharing those tips as well as a DIY with you guys. So let's start~~!




Tip #1: Use Sunscreen Daily
This is an extra step that, if done daily, can help your skin overall. Preventing sun damage will keep the tone of your skin even. Even if it's cloudy out, sunlight can still get through to your skin. If you find it time consuming, get a foundation with at least SPF 15 if you are going outside. 

image

Tip #2: Drink Detox Water or Green Tea
Everyone knows that drinking water is good for your skin. I find water boring, so I do enjoy making a pitcher of detox water. I start my morning with a cup and it refreshes me. There are tons of recipes online, but one of my favorites is  Green tea also has beneficial properties for your skin.

image

Tip #3: Don't Forget to Exfoliate

When we have dull skin, instead of glowing skin, it's probably due to dead skin cells. The best way to remove dead skin cell is to exfoliate, and that can be done with a simple damp washcloth or a facial scrub. My favorite scrub is Ocean Salt from Lush. It's all natural and I use it once or twice a week.

image

Tip #4: Eat Foods With Vitamin A

Vitamin A speeds up the cell turn over process, so it's important to consume it in order to have healthy skin. Some foods that have vitamin A are carrots, kale, and cantaloupe. If you aren't a fan of any of these foods, the ALOHA website has tons of delicious looking recipes that are super easy to make.

image

And now onto a DIY for an illuminating primer~!! This will give your skin a natural glow.

 First select a shimmery eyeshadow or pigment that compliments your skin's undertone. If you have a warm undertone, use a gold. If you have a cold undertone, use a pink or rose gold. If you have a neutral undertone, like me, use a champagne. I'll be using this L'Oreal champagne pigment.


Next mix the eyeshadow or pigment with your favorite primer. I'll be using Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. You can mix the two in a small container, or just on the back of your hand if you are about to apply it.

Lastly, apply it under your foundation. I wore it on one side of my face to show you guys the difference it makes with my skin. My skin had a natural looking glow without being super glittery and my makeup lasted all day.


I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about my tips for healthy looking, glowing skin. If you have any tips you use to keep your skin looking great, leave them in the comments below. This is what I do and I love hearing from you guys. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |


8 comments:

  1. I definitely see the subtle difference between your face with the illuminating primer and without! You just converted me into a believer!

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! great tips dear! They are all so true and very useful to every girl!
    thanks a lot for sharing them to us!!!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great tips! So much of having glowy healthy skin comes from what we put into our body and treat our bodies so I totally agree with you about drinking water, protecting the skin, exfoliating and eating right. Those makeup products def. help as well!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very gorgeous tips darling
    Thanks for share
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and informative post. Crazy how much the illuminating primer works!

    xo, Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear, just to let you know, I nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. =) Hope you participate!

    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/the-versatile-blogger-award-my.html

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some perfect tips. I don't usually use an illuminator so that's something I could change for the better. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆