Saturday, June 13, 2015

30 Day Anime Challenge {Day #6 Most Annoying Anime Character}~!

Hey Guys~!

This post in my 30 Day Anime Challenge will be a bit of a rant. I'll be talking about one of my favorite anime, and I'll be talking about an important character. It's alright if you disagree with my opinion, everyone has their own opinion. So let's start~~!

Okay, I really like the anime Tokyo Ghoul. It's about creatures called ghouls, that are humanoid but they eat humans, that live in Tokyo, that are being hunted down. I love everything about this anime, except for one thing, and that is Kaneki Ken.


Kaneki Ken gets turned into a half ghoul after a date gone wrong. I understand that something like this is traumatizing. If I woke up and I was going insane because I wanted to ear human flesh, yeah I would cry a lot. But I would eventually adapt and get over it.


Kaneki doesn't do this till the last episode of the first season . . .  It takes him twelve episodes to grow a pair and become a ghoul.

Every scene that involved Kaneki being scared, or jumpy, besides the moments in the first episode, made me so annoyed. It's like, dude, get over yourself. You have other ghouls that are helping you and protecting you, the least you could do is learn to fight and help them. Yeah he works at the cafe, but he's incapable of fighting till the last episode.


And it's not like it was built up, like he trained, he literally just has a realization, and in the last three minutes of the anime, he kills a guy.

I felt like I was being played the entire anime. I just wanted some cool action scenes and character development, which I got to see with basically every other character, even the characters that died. And yet Kaneki, our main character, takes forever to develop the same amount as the other characters.

I do still love this anime, I am watching the second season currently, and I heard a third season will be coming out soon. I just need Kaneki to either become a more interesting character, or for the anime to focus on someone else.

 I hope you guys enjoyed Day #6~! Share who you think is the most annoying anime character in the comments below. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss

Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

3 comments:

  1. Kaneki is poorly developed in the anime, but I still feel like I'd be in as bad or worse a state... considering he's an orphan, he craves to eat his best friend, and he's forced to eat human flesh, I'd say I'd be in a pretty f*cked up mental state, too. Tbh, I recommend reading the manga instead - it's hard to fit 100+ chapters into under 15 episodes. Sasaki (who you will find out about in the manga!) is much more likable, and the anime!ending involving Hide is different than the manga route. Personally, I felt that the second season of Tokyo Ghoul was even worse than the first. But manga trumps it all! If you have I time, I'd say it's one of the best stories out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been hearing a lot of positive stuff about Tokyo Ghoul, a lot of my friends loves and recommends me to watch it because its awesome. Hopefully soon, ill be able to watch it :) Great post <3

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a completely different opinion on Kaneki to you, I actually really like Kaneki and think that they portrayed what a human would do in a situation like that. If I was in that situation, i wouldn't be able to take it, I'd be in denial all the time and try not to eat humans as much as possible.
    I think the reason for his change in attitude at the end of the anime was because he was brainwashed and tortured constantly for a few days, so by the end of it he just broke. He's personally one of my favorite characters. The one I find most annoying is Touka.. I can't stand her lmao.

    Despite our difference in opinions, I found this a great read, I love seeing others opinions especially when they're different to mine! ^_^

    Minae ♥ | Minaekei

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆