Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Elf Mascara Primer Review~!

Hey Guys~!

My Target recently added a bunch of new Elf products to their makeup section, so of course I bought a ton of products I've never tried before. I'd heard about this on YouTube a while ago, and had been searching for it for a while. Thankfully it was at Target and so today I'll be reviewing the Elf Mascara Primer. I did a lot of testing with this product and now I'm ready to review. So let's start~~!


The packaging is the classic black packaging that the products from the Elf Studio line come from. I like the matte finish of the packaging, I just think it looks nice. In the tube there is 0.09 fl oz of product, and I don't know if that's a lot or a little for this type of product.

On Elf's website, it says that the mascara primer will lengthen and volumize lashes, and conditions the lashes so they appear thicker and stronger. You may be wondering what ingredients in this allow it to strengthen and thicken lashes, I was too, and through reading I found this product contains Vitamin B5, Hydrolyzed Wheat and Soy Protein. Vitamin B5 stimulates growth. Hydrolyzed Wheat helps retain moisture and strengthen. Soy Protein nourishes and strengthens.  I can't really say if it's made my lashes stronger, since I have no clue how to test that, but I do think they look somewhat thicker after wearing this under my mascara for two weeks.


The wand for this primer is typical of a regular mascara. It is easy to get a majority of my lashes coated, but I can't get the lashes towards the inner corner of my eye with this or my bottom lashes.

Here's a before and after on me wearing the primer underneath some mascara. . .

With Primer

Without Primer
I can see a huge difference in volume in my lashes. They don't feel really dry like the lashes without the primer do.

I haven't seem many drugstore mascara primers, so to get this Elf one for only $3 instead of spending a ton on a high end primer, is amazing~! That's why I love Elf, you can get amazing gems for such inexpensive prices.

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Formulation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Lengthening: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Volumizing: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Price: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

I absolutely love this mascara primer~!! It really does make my lashes look amazing with any mascara I use. If you are looking for a mascara primer, get this one and save your money. Also if you think getting a mascara primer is a waste, just try this and you'll see a huge difference.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review. If you have tried this product, or you have another Elf product you want me to review, let me know in the comments below. Thank you guy so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss

:iconkittydividerrbowplz:
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

1 comment:

  1. Great review *-*
    Lovely blogger ^^
    http://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆