Wednesday, October 29, 2014

D.I.Y. Potion Necklaces / Charms~!

Hey Guys~!

For Halloween I thought I'd show you guys how to make these beautiful and creepy potion necklaces. They're really fun to make and can be customized however you like. Also you can put it onto a phone strap and make it a charm for your phone. So let's start~~!


You'll Need
Wire
Chains
Beads/Embellishments
Eye Pins 
Headpins
Mini Bottles
Jump Rings
Pliers 
Wire Cutters
Glue 
Paint

First take a paper cup and mix your glue with some paint. Use any color you like. I used watercolor because I didn't want it to look too opaque. If the mixture is too thick, add a tiny amount of water, just to loosen up the mixture.


Once everything is all mixed up, carefully pour it into your bottle. I got a set of ten of these in the craft store. If the glue paint mixture overflows, just clean up the bottle and tap it down on your work surface so the mixture falls to the bottom.


This is the simplest part. Take an eye pin and cut off part of it using the wire cutters. Then push it into the cork so it looks like this. Your bottles may already have a pin in them, but mine didn't.


Time for the fun part, DECORATING~!!! For this one I took some silver wire and wrapped it around the neck of the bottle. As I wrapped it, I strung on some small pearls. Once I was done with the wire, I took rhinestone and slipped a jump ring through it and attached it to the wire.


 Lastly for the decorating I made a bead charm. I just picked three beads and strung them onto a headpin. Then cut off the excess wire and bent it to create a loop. And then I attached it to the eye pin in the cork using a jump ring. To make it into a necklace, sting the charm onto a cord or attach it to a chain using a jump ring. For a phone charm, just use a jump ring and attack it to the strap. And now we are finished~!!!


 I had so much fun making this D.I.Y. Afterwards I made the pink one on the right, and instead just mixed the glue with pink paint and added different colored beads and a heart charm.


I hope you guys enjoyed this D.I.Y. If you tried it out, let me know in the comments below. I'd love it too if you guys sent me pictures of your recreations of these and you can do that at my Facebook, Twitter, and email. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆