Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Favorites 2014~!

Hey Guys~!

April showers hopefully have come and gone, so now I want my May flowers. However it's still raining where I live ;_; So today I'll be showing you all my April favorites from this past month, makeup, anime, music, etc. I have a lot to talk about, so let's start~~!

Makeup

Ecotools Finishing Brush: I know this technically isn't a makeup product, but it is a brush for makeup, so yeah. I've been searching for a good stippling brush for a while now, and I came across this one in the dollar store. I had nothing left to lose, so I thought I'd give this a try. It's a great foundation/B.B. Cream brush and it gives my makeup a natural finish which I really like.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer: Since one of my favorite eye concealers was discontinued, I've been searching for a new one. I do like this concealer cause it does a great job of brightening my under eye area and I sometimes use it for face highlighting, cheekbones and cupid's bow, and it looks great.

NYX Cream Blush {Boho Chic}: I showed this in an Ulta Haul and since I got it, I've been using it daily. I'd never been a fan on cream blushes till I tried this one. It's a very natural color, which I really like, and it would look nice on many different skin tones. Also it lasts a really long time for me.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal {Barely Branded}: I've talked about my love of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded before in other favorites posts, and I may do a review on it soon too. It's a champagne cream eyeshadow with a metallic finish. I really like it as a base for eyeshadow looks or for a single shadow look when I'm in a rush. Either way it looks great no matter how I use it.

Vaseline Rosy Lips: This product is sort of new to me this month. I got it two weeks ago and have been trying it out and comparing it to other Vaseline lip balms. What I like about this one is it has a jelly like texture and it feels really smooth on the lips. It gives me a sheer pink tint on my lips and is super moisturizing. I like using this either by itself or under a lipstick as a base.


Nail Polish
You're Such a Budapest by OPI: Over spring break, my friend and I went to get our nails done. Almost every time I get my nails done, I get them in this color. It's a really pretty purple toned periwinkle color and it's from the Europe OPI collection. I do plan on buying this polish so I can have it at home, since I love the color and OPI's formula is great.

Fashion + Accessories

D.I.Y. Bow Headband: I did a D.I.Y. bow headband a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it a ton. It's a really accessory that can really add a cute contrast to an edgy outfit or a pop of color, depending on the fabric used. I only have the pink one I made for the D.I.Y. but I do want to make a few more in more colors.

Rose Stud Earrings: Last year I bought these earring and since they fit with my spring wardrobe, I haven't worn them in a while. This month I began wearing these daily. I think they're super cute. They have bows, little roses and pearls, basically everything I like in jewelry/clothes. If you want to get them, here's the link to the store I bought them from {click here to go there.}

Perfume
Viva La Juicy: I own many different perfumes, and I like to change them out depending on the season. This perfume from Juicy Couture is great for spring and summer. It smells both fruity and floraly at the same time, which I think is perfect for daily wear too. The scent lasts a really long time for me and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it while wearing it.

Anime

Sukiette ii na yo: I started this in the beginning of the month, and I love it. I'm not always a fan of romance anime, but I really like this one. I find the main character, Mei, easy to relate to and I enjoy her character overall. Yamato is a good love interest character, but there are moments he does something stupid/doesn't notice that Mei upset and does nothing till like three episodes later. That only made me want to break my computer. I haven't finished it yet, so please don't spoil anything cause I love this show.
Date a Live: I'd wanted to watch this anime for a while, and started it during spring break when I found out they came out with a second season. So far I think it's pretty good. I like that all the characters have individual personalities, but I do think the main protagonist, Shido, very generic and bland at times. The girl characters in this anime are great though, Yoshino and Tohka are my favorites so far. I also haven't finished it yet, so please don't spoil.

So those were my favorites for the month of April. I'm excited for May, since that means my birthday is coming up. Leave me a comment telling me some of your favorites from this past month, especially anime recommendations if you have any. Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss





1 comment:

  1. Those earnings are cute and I have found some new animes to watch. :)

    pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆