Tuesday, April 22, 2014

30 Day Anime Challange {Day #1: First Anime}~!

Hey Guys~!

I had a reading spree on Amaya's blog, Kiss My Insanity. I saw that she had done something called the 30 Day Anime Challenge. I also saw this on on DeviantArt too. There are thirty questions regarding different things about anime. I thought it would be really fun to do, but instead of posting all of it in thirty days, I'm going to spread them out. Today we're starting with day one, so let's start~~!

The first question is, What was your first anime?

I decided to not include Pokemon, since it's a lot of people's first anime and at the time I had no idea it even was an anime.

So now that we've excluded Pokemon, my first anime I ever watched was Mew Mew Power, also known as Tokyo Mew Mew. When I was four or five years old, it aired on 4kidsTv, which I always watched on Saturday mornings.



If you've never heard of Mew Mew Power/Tokyo Mew Mew, basically it's a magical girl anime. The anime starts with main character Zoey/Ichigo going with her crush Mark/Masaya to a museum to see an exhibit about endangered species. Afterwards there's an earthquake and Zoey/Ichigo along with four other girls see a strange light. 


The next day she begins to act like a cat and after meeting Wesley/Keiichiro and Elliot/Ryo day finds out she has the DNA of a Red Data Animal. This allows her to transform into a Mew Mew, a magical girl who uses her powers to destroy chimera animals (alien parasites) that infect animals and turn them into monsters.

Besides Zoey/Ichigo, there are four other Mew Mews. A rich and spoiled girl who has the DNA of a Blue Lorikeet named Corina/Mint. A shy and intelligent girl named Bridget/Lettuce who has the DNA of a Finless Porpoise. An energetic girl named Kiki/Pudding with the DNA of a Golden Lion Tamarin Monkey. And lastly there's a professional model with the DNA of a Gray Wolf named Renee/Zakuro.

From Left to Right: Kiki/Pudding, Renee/Zakuro, Zoey/Ichigo, Corina/Mint and Bridget/Lettuce
As a kid, I loved this show. It made me want to be a Mew Mew and have magical girl powers. There were times I drew myself as a Mew Mew even. I still remember that my favorite characters were Corina/Mint and Bridget/Lettuce. I liked Corina because she, in my opinion, had the cutest outfit and weapon. Also she did ballet, which was something I did as a child. But I also liked Bridget because I felt like I was similar to her due to the fact I was an extremely shy child.

So that was my first post for the 30 Day Anime Challenge~~! If you want to do this on your blog, post a link to your post in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out. Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆