Thursday, January 16, 2014

Almay Bold Nudes Review + Eyeshadow Look~!

Hey Guys~!

So at the drugstore recently this product caught my eye. It's this eyeshadow trio from Almay and I've never tried eyeshadow from them before, so I'm excited to review this for you guys.


The packaging is typical for an eyeshadow trio. It also comes with a sponge applicator. The one problem I have with this is just I wish it had a mirror somewhere on it. These colors are the natural kind of colors I'd take with me on a vacation or something, so I hate that I'd either have to bring a compact with me or another product with a mirror in it.


This is the hazel eye set, but there are kits for other eye colors too. The colors in this are a coppery peach, a navy blue, and a shimmery champagne. All three shadows are soft to the touch and don't feel powdery or chalky. The pigmentation is okay, I just wish the navy was more pigmented.


Okay now here's the eye look I created with this palette. It's really easy to make.
First I applied my ELF eyelid primer.















 



Then I applied the copper colored eyeshadow all over my lid with a flat eyeshadow brush. 










Next I highlighted my brow bone and inner eye corner using the champagne color and a smaller eyeshadow brush. 














 
With a blending brush and the navy eyeshadow, I concentrated the color on the outer corner and blended it into the crease.











I dipped my angled brush in water and then lined my upper lash line with the navy eyeshadow. Also I lined my outer lower lash line too with the same navy color. Then I applied the Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in Nude to my water line. Lastly I curled my lashes and applied mascara.

 









I really like this eyeshadow look and I think it can be great for everyday or special occasions. 

Packaging:

Pigmentation:

Formula:

Overall:

I think this is a pretty good drugstore eyeshadow palette. I do want to try more Almay eyeshadow now, and hopefully the rest are as good as this one. See you guys at my next post.

xo

Alyss









No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆