Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Favorites 2013~!

Hey Guys~!

It's already the end of August ;_; School starts in two weeks for me, so I won't be able to post as often as I do. But I'll try to.

Anyways I'm going to show you guys my monthly favorites. I have a bunch of stuff to tell you guys about so let's get started~!


Makeup

Like last month, I've been into wearing light, natural looking makeup. Although I did try experimenting with some new products and techniques.



I've been loving my Skin79 B.B. Cream this month. I haven't worn any foundation this month because I like this so much. It has SPF 25 PA++ which is great since I burn easily. It feels light and applies well with either my hands or a damp sponge for a natural skin finish. It doesn't conceal too much though, but I don't mind that in the summer. If you want to hear more about this B.B. Cream, I did a review on it here.



When I was on vacation, I had an uneven tan, so I used bronzer on my face. This one is by NYC and it's their Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in the shade #720A Sunny. What I like about this is that it's a matte bronzer, so it looks more natural. Also it's extremely affordable. If you're pale like me, you can use this as contouring. But you have to be light handed with it or else it'll look like a huge mess.

My eyebrows were waxed incorrectly a few weeks ago, so I've been filling them in. What I use is the Milani Brow Fix Kit in the shade #1 Light. It comes with two brow powders, a taupe and a brown, a highlighting powder, a sponge applicator, an angled brush, and a mini tweezers. I've just used a mix of the two powders to fill in the sparse areas and I like how it looks.  




I haven't been into eyeshadow a lot this month, but I have been tight lining and lining my waterline. For my tight line I've been using Rimmel Scandaleyes in #4 Taupe and for my waterline I've been using Rimmel Scandaleyes in #5 Nude. I talked about Nude in my last favorites post and I talked about both of these in my drugstore makeup kit.  They are both super creamy and pigmented. Also they last really well because they are waterproof.



For lips I've been wearing a lot of different Revlon products. My favorite though is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade #25 Sweetheart. It's a bright, kind of electric, pink which I like for the summer. It smells minty and applies smoothly. I don't build up the color too intensely though for everyday, but it still adds a nice pop of color.


Skin Care


Before applying my makeup, I've been using the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer.  I'd been searching for a moisturizer for a while and when this came out, I decided to try it. It comes with 3 oz of product and is oil-free. It feels light and moisturizing without being too greasy. I love how soft it makes my skin feel and I do think it makes a great base for makeup.





I broke out really badly this month, so I tried a lot of facial cleansers. The one that cleared up my skin and I've loved in the past was the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Foaming Scrub. It comes with 4.2 oz of product and contains 2% Salicylic Acid.  It is nothing like any other face wash I've tried before. At first it feels like a scrub with all the beads. But if you rub it in more with water it foams up and turns into more of a cleanser than a scrub. I like a lot of products from the Rapid Clear line, but this is one of my favorites.



My last skin care favorite is my new exfoliating mask. It is the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Polishing Mask with Charcoal and Black Sugar. I've tried A LOT of the Freeman Masks and I love all of them that I've tried. When I saw this at my local drugstore, I knew I had to try it. It is supposed to be, according to what it says, oil absorbing and an exfoliate. I have weird skin problems in the summer, so I've been using this twice a week, on Wednesday and Saturday, to help exfoliate my skin. The texture isn't to harsh feeling which I like, since I thought that it could possibly irritate my skin. It didn't and it's been my favorite mask.


Fashion



This month I've been wearing floral printed shirts a lot. I have two that I've been wearing constantly. One of them is by Love Change and I got it at TJmaxx. It's a grey, spaghetti strap tank top with a cut out down the front, covered in an ivory lace. The flowers are pink roses with green leaves. I don't remember how much this cost since I bought it a while ago.



The other top is by the company Eyeshadow and I also got it at TJmaxx. It's a turquoise color with pink and yellow flowers. It's a spaghetti strap tank like the other one.  It's cinched in under the bust line and the top has vertical ruffles. These two tops are both casual and super comfortable.



My most reached for bag has been this plaid patchwork one from the Bass Outlet. I got it last summer and I've been wearing it a ton. I've always liked plaid and for some reason this is the only plaid thing I own. There are so many colors in the plaid that it goes with a ton of different outfits. It has a ton of pockets making it easy for me to organize my stuff in it.  I don't think it's on the website anymore, but you can probably find something similar on Amazon or Ebay.


And those are my monthly favorites. I hope you guys enjoyed the post and comment at the bottom of the post with what your favorites were this month xo
























No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆