Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Beauty Favorites 2013~!

Hey Guys~!

July is now over and I have one more month left of vacation ;_;
But I'm going to start doing a Back to School Series both here and on YouTube. I have a few videos planned for that, so subscribe to my channel so you know when they're up: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXT7MWSZ4XH-hPql8YwOuqQ

Also my first tutorial should be up soon so when it's done, I'll post a link to it in my next post.

With that all out of the way, let's get into my favorites~!

Makeup

Throughout this month, I've been into wearing light, natural makeup. It's really hot where I live, so everything in my favorites is summer proof.


This month I've been using my L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream in the shade Fair. I got this at the beginning of the month since any other B.B. product I tried didn't match my skin. This one works perfectly for my fair skin. It covers up well and looks nice on my skin. I just set it with a little powder on my T-zone after applying it. The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't have SPF.

 


I haven't worn blush all that much this month, but if I do choose to wear it I wear this one by E.L.F. The color is called Candid Coral and as the name implies it's a coral blush with flecks of gold. This warms up my face when I apply it and the gold looks like a highlight on my skin. I've repurchased this blush multiple times and for the price of $3.00, it's amazing.


I haven't worn eye shadow that much this month either, but if I did want something on my lids, I'd wear this cream shadow. This one is from the metals collection of the Maybelline  Color Tattoos. The color is called Barely Branded and this light champagne color and it adds a nice definition to your lids. It's waterproof and lasts really well, even if you have oily eyelids.











I don't line my upper lash line, but I do line my waterline. The eyeliner I've been using for this is the Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude. It's a peach colored pigmented eyeliner and it brightens my eyes with a natural look, unlike white. It's a waterproof liner and it applies smoothly.

 
I usually use high volume mascara, but I've been really into wearing a lengthening one instead. The mascara I've been using is Revlon Lash Potion. It does lengthen my lashes and it defines them, making my eyes look bigger. I have the waterproof formula and it does provide volume, but not extreme volume; making it natural looking.


 

In the summer, my lips got extremely dry for some reason. So I went crazy trying out tons of drugstore lip balms. My favorite was the LypSyl lip balm with pure beeswax. This stuff is extremely moisturizing and has a cooling feel on my lips. Also it smells like peppermint and I love the smell of mint.



If I feel like wearing something else on my lips, I wear this lipstick. It's the Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lip Stick in the color Cruise Collection. I like wearing coral in the summer time, so this is my perfect coral lip color. I've heard that these Suede Lip Sticks are drying, but they've never been like that for me.



I've been into wearing colorful nail polish this month and I have two colors that I've been wearing constantly. They are On a Trip by Wet and Wild and Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen. On a Trip is a cool undertone purple and it just pops on my nails. If you want to know more about this polish I talked about it in my Ultimate Summer Nail Polishes post.

I'd been trying to get Pacific Blue for months and no matter where I go (Walgreens, CVS, Target) it's never in stock. But I got lucky and bought it as soon as I saw it. I put it on my nails the next day and I've been in love with it since. It's a periwinkle blue and like On a Trip, this color pops.

Hair and Skin Care

I have frizzy hair, so I've tried everything to help my hair stay wavy and not turn into a fuzz ball. I heard a lot of good things about this, so I got it at CVS and I purchased a back up one a few days ago. The savior of my hair that I'm talking about it the Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream. It smells like grape since it's infused with grape seed and jasmine to condition your hair. I use this after I shower and I get great waves and curls after I let my hair air dry. I've been using this since the beginning of the month and I recommend this to anyone with dry or frizzy hair.

Since my B.B. Cream doesn't have SPF, I've been using a sun screen by Clean and Clear with SPF 15. What I like about this is it's oil-free so it doesn't clog my pores. It leaves a white cast on my face which reduces redness.












I hope you guys enjoyed my beauty favorites for last month and comment with your favorite products down below. See you guys at my next post~!

If you want to know when my next post is up, sign up for the email news letter on the side bar --->






2 comments:

  1. You should do a review of the skin 79 bb cream when it comes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting it on Sunday, so I hope to have a review up by Monday

      Delete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆